I used a basic honey and mustard recipe for this and added my own extra ingredients.
Delicious with egg fried rice and sweet potato.
The chicken isn’t dry and the sauce is lovely spooned over the egg fried rice.
I used 4 chicken breasts, which served 4 people.
The pot I used is similar to the image below which is available on Amazon, or use something that is ovenproof and that can withstand the high temps in the oven.
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup honey
- Tablespoon dijon mustard (add a bit more if you want)
- Tablespoon wholegrain mustard (add a bit more if you want)
- 200ml Creme fresh
- 200ml Double cream
- 1 onion
- 1/2 pack of small mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil (for pan frying chicken breasts)
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil for frying the onion and mushrooms.
The honey and mustard sauce
In a jug, mix together the honey, mustard, creme fresh and double cream (set aside)
- Pan fry the chicken breasts until golden brown on each side.
- Place in the dish that you are going to use to cook it in the oven.
- Cut slices across each chicken breast (Don’t cut it right through) Then set aside.
- Fry the onions and mushrooms until golden brown and spoon this over the chicken breasts.
- Pour the honey and mustard sauce over the chicken.
I cooked this on gas mark 5 for about an hour.
Check it a couple of times during cooking, when you check it, turn the chicken breasts over and also scoop the sauce over them, so that it soaks into the chicken while its cooking.
Have a look at our recipe section for more delicious recipes.