Ingredients for the cake
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots
Method for the cake
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Grease two 8-inch round cake pans. Line the pans with greaseproof paper which has been greased, and dust the pans with flour.
- Mix the granulated sugar, oil, and eggs in a bowl.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the carrots and mix well.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans and bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes in the pans on a rack, then run a knife around the edges of the pans and remove the cakes to the rack to cool completely.
- Remove the greaseproof paper.
Method for the icing
- In large bowl, mix the butter and cream cheese with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
- Put one cake layer on a plate and spread with the icing, then top with the other layer.
- Ice the top and sides of the cake with the remaining icing.
- Sprinkle the top with the pecan nuts.